When I open up to people and tell them details about myself, I am giving them a little piece of my soul. It's really a little drip, like a tear, that I am allowing them to mix in with their own souls. Of course, this little drip will never come back to me after I have already given it away, which is why I must be extremely careful when I allow someone to have it. Sometimes these little drips aren't a big deal to me; a little drip here and a little drip there won't hurt anybody because, after all, people give me the drips of their own souls anyway. But when I notice that my drips are continually concentrated in one area, on one person, I become wary. I begin to worry about if they are giving me enough of their soul because I wouldn't want my soul to vanish from giving away too much and not consuming enough. I wouldn't want to lose so much of my soul to the point where it's not even my soul anymore.

No comments:
Post a Comment