Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My Dear Wolf Tree

Renaissance Man, you are the Wolf Tree
But it's not about which is better, don't you see?
I am a Pine and I let myself grow tall,
Though it doesn't matter how I grow at all.
As long as I am growing the best way I can,
I don't care that your seed isn't where I began.
You're one of those who grow like the Wolf Tree
Though I'm sure at times a Pine you'd rather be.
Your branches grow wide as your love is spread
Like you're giving a great, big bear hug as you've said.
I hate that you may feel as if you are out of place
Because that can make you blind to your beautiful grace.
I watch you as I'm one of the Pines you're surrounded by
And I realize it's okay that we don't see eye to eye.
I'm good at growing up high, for it's what I do
And that is equal to growing wide, just like you.
My dear Wolf tree, you're surrounded by Pines,
You're not reaching the same way as me and that's just fine.
So don't spend time wondering about one tree or another
Because you wouldn't be you if you were any other.

No comments:

Post a Comment