I want the ocean
again
The abundance of water filled
my hollowed heart but dripped through
the cracks every time
It is hard not to love the ocean
though it left me gasping
after it tried to consume me
and drown me in itself
I sputtered on the ocean's salt
and was left with crimson eyes
when I prematurely opened them
I grew tired of trying to keep up
with the restless waves
and I left without a towel
to cover my bruises
and shuddering shoulders
again
The abundance of water filled
my hollowed heart but dripped through
the cracks every time
It is hard not to love the ocean
though it left me gasping
after it tried to consume me
and drown me in itself
I sputtered on the ocean's salt
and was left with crimson eyes
when I prematurely opened them
I grew tired of trying to keep up
with the restless waves
and I left without a towel
to cover my bruises
and shuddering shoulders
No comments:
Post a Comment