Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Server’s Hands

I hold you in my hand and
Place you in my heart
You’ve always stayed there

If only I had been smart
And less naive 
And fucking grateful

My heart has teeth 
My feet are shredded 
My brain needs a lobotomy 

Or is it better to be beheaded
Like Katherine Howard
You’re not alone, Poor Thing

Women can’t be empowered 
In 2024? Don’t be silly
Be quiet and a doormat

For your mother, really
You don’t matter
Keep the peace 

Serve her little men with platters
Better not complain 
Wipe their asses

You’re ridiculous for feeling pain
How awful it is to be a man
How awful to be held accountable

Where are we? Begin, began
I look down at my hands
Creased and worn and old

No one understands 
After all these years 
All I have are empty server’s hands

No comments:

Post a Comment