Wednesday, December 11, 2013

First Semester of College

I just took my last final exam yesterday, so I decided I would write a little update about my first semester of college. Overall, I would give my experience a 9 out of 10. My classes were not overwhelming for the most part, and my work load was always manageable. Because I go to a small university, I was lucky enough to have many great professors who were very understanding and cared about their students. I have had the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people at college and I wouldn't trade the relationships I have built for anything. The amount I have grown here is very surprising and I realize that my experiences while at college have changed me for the better. And, of course, I have learned a lot during my time at college, so I put together a list of things I have learned this semester. This semester has truly made me so grateful for having the ability to attend my dream university.

10 things I learned from my 1st semester of college:
1. A week of college is equivalent to a month back home
2. Some people are really stupid, but there are insanely smart people out there too
3. A care package can make a whole week
4. It's more fun to shower at the same time as your friends
5. There will be more washing machines and dryers available if you do laundry at night
6. College boys: you can't live with them and you can't live without them
7. Put on leggings if you feel lazy, because there is no excuse for wearing sweatpants in public
8. Naps are always good to take between classes...or any other time, for that matter
9. You get to know people quickly because you can spend hours with the same people every day
10.  College is a fresh start; you have the power to do what you want with it

No comments:

Post a Comment