Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I Didn't Mean to Break Your Heart

Renaissance Man, I'm sorry your heart is broken
From words between us that weren't spoken
I know it's my fault your love had to shatter
So I promise I won't ask you what's the matter
I'm trying to be fair to you and give you your space
Since I realize approaching you is not in my place
I know you really cared about me as I did for you
Don't think this was what I wanted to put you through
I still believe we were on the same wavelength
But in certain ways it faltered in its strength
You pictured us together without any doubt
Imagining a future that I wasn't sure about
I couldn't help but be hesitant about this
But now it's your presence that I really do miss
I wish you and I hadn't ended up this way
And I hope we will talk just like before some day
I'm so sorry that we ended before we could start
Renaissance Man, I didn't mean to break your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment