Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Ushiroda

When I was in ninth grade I transferred schools in between semesters. I did not want to leave my original school. I liked it there and I fit in really well. So when I made it to my new school, I was not the happiest girl in the world, to say the least. In this new environment, I retreated back into my shell and had no intentions of coming out any time soon. As that horrid second semester came to an end, my great uncle told me, behind my parents' backs, that his Siamese cat was having kittens. He said I could have one if I convinced my parents to agree. And surprisingly enough they did. On a bright Sunday morning in April, I woke to the voices of my mom and great uncle talking. I sluggishly walked down the stairs to the living room with my big blanket in tow, not knowing that that day, April 25th, was the day when my kitten was born. I was so excited. We spent the next few weeks getting ready for the new arrival and we spent weeks trying to decide on the perfect name. We saw pictures of her and I knew she would be amazing in every way. During that miserable second semester I had a Spanish teacher named SeƱora Ushiroda who happened to be married to a Japanese man. She really watched over me during that time. Since my new kitten was a Siamese I thought it fit to name her an Asian name since the breed is Thai. So Ushiroda it was, Ushi for short. It grows on you after a while, I swear.
The day finally arrived when I got that tiny kitten and I fell in love with her so quickly. She was so small and she needed me to be there for her. Because she was so tiny she had to sleep in the bathroom where she wouldn't get lost. I stayed on the bathroom floor with her so she wouldn't cry. Bathroom floors do not make good beds. But she was worth it. My world changed because of that little cat. She has been a great stress reliever. Because of her, my new school wasn't so bad. I could always count on her to take my mind off things when I got home after school. She needed me and I needed her. I would never change anything about her. I wouldn't change the way she yells at the birds outside or the way she has to sniff everything her nose can find or the way she sneezes when a feather tickles her nose or the way she covers her face when she's asleep or the way she likes going under blankets because it makes her feel safe. I wouldn't change anything about her because I love her so much. Ushi means a lot to me so I decided to choose Ushiroda as the name of my blog. This year I graduated from high school and will be going off to college in the fall. Ushi helped me through my high school career and I know I will miss her a lot while I am away, but I think this blog will let me be with her in a special little way.

12 comments:

  1. awww such a lovely pic <3
    kisses
    Sophie
    http://justacolorfullife.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie You will have to follow my blog, like my page and romwe's page to be eligible to win the giveaway... Kiss*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I love this post. It's so sweet and endearing. <3 Loving your blog - so cute!
    xx,
    http://janicethitran.com (✿◠‿◠)

    ReplyDelete